Vacancy for Research Fellow Re-Announcement
Posted on September 21, 2020
The Kathmandu Institute of Child Health (KIOCH) invites applications from dynamic, competent, dedicated, and diligent Nepali candidates willing to take up challenges for the position of the “Research Fellow” for the “Nepal Non Communicable Diseases and Injuries Commission” project.
Position: Research Fellow
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract of One (1) Year
Number: One (1)
Qualification: MD Community Medicine or Master Degree in Public Health with background of MBBS
Experience in non-communicable disease related research activities including research design, proposal writing, data collection, analysis and report writing will be given priority;
- Preference will be given to those who have prior clinical exposure in addition to experience in research;
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience on research process from research design to report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team work;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written in English and Nepali), including public communications;
- Documentation and filing, writing minutes, invitation letters, social media updates, and newsletters;
- Appropriate management of workload/time/project/budget/people management skills; and
- Organizing and facilitating meetings, workshops, training, and campaigns, as necessary.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Development of proposals, study guidelines, tools, pilot testing, coordinating with the core team, facilitating meetings and workshops;
- Supervise research assistants and oversee the planning and implementation of various studies carried out by the commission;
- Perform all activities of logistic management, administrative activities for smooth conduction of the project;
- Responsible for the data management in coordination with the project team;
- Regularly visit and monitor the study sites;
- Preparation of report and other required documents for dissemination;
- Disseminate the findings of Year 1 and Year 2 of the Nepal NCDI Commission; and
- Assist the co-chair, coordinators in relevant tasks.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application to KIOCH through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September, 2020 with the following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the HR department;
- Letter of interest for this position;
- Updated curriculum vitae;
- Copy of academic certificates, experience certificates, if any, citizenship certificate, and council registration certificates; and
Selection Process: A review panel at KIOCH will create a shortlist of applicants on the basis of documents submitted by the applicant. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by KIOCH review panel for the final selection. Selected fellows will be required to certify that they are not already in any kind of bond/agreement with any other institution.